its really gross in st pete today. cloudy, rainy and yucky. its one of my favorite things in the world when its scary outside and i have nothing planned for the day. on days such as these, i thoroughly embrace my laziness and soak up some old movies. with that in mind, here are my top 10 suggestions for making the most of your rainy day!
10. anchorman. start the day off right by adding more ron burgundy to your life.
9. zombies! bradford and i have been working our way through an oldschool zombie movie marathon. we started with the o.g. night of the living dead and are almost through the romero remakes. highly captivating indeed.
8. get him to the greek. really, i pee myself whenever i watch this. i always find russell brand hilarious (did you see him on conan?) and this movie is no exception. stroke some furry walls and enjoy!
7. the harry potter series. my sister and i did this once a few years back. we stocked up on candy and melted into her couches and watched the whole series. two movies have been released since, so im not sure how it would go now, but i imagine it would be magical.
6. the bourne trilogy. always good. sidenote, i heard theres a 4th bourne movie in the works. awesome, right? no. boo. giant boo. matt damon isnt even going to be in it. really? im bringing juju fruit to the theater so i can throw them on the screen and watch them slowly slide down. that will surely be more entertaining than whatever crap theyre going to degrade the series with. booooo.
5. the dollhouse series. not a movie, i know, but its too good to leave off the list. bradford hates it, and ive found that most of the people who have the sads that its been cancelled are ubernerds like myself. come over to the darkside, youll enjoy it.
4. death becomes her. classic. i really miss 80s/mid90s goldie hawn. overboard, wildcats, housesitter (bill started snoring in the theater when becky and i agreed to go with him, good times). death becomes her is my favorite though.
3. serial mom. john waters classic with preslimdown ricki lake and a psycho kathleen turner. fantastic!
2. dont tell mom the babysitters dead. im right on top of that rose!
1. mean girls. ok, everybody gives me stank eye when i tell them that this is my favorite movie ever. tina fey is one of the funniest women in the business right now and 30rock is almost religion for me. mean girls will forever make me laugh. it does make me tear up to see lilo before she found her crazypants. its really worth the effort people.
so there you have it. i hope this list can bring some sunshine to your rainy day 🙂