seriously, my grandmother always hooks it up for christmas. maytag bleu cheese wheels, game sausages, graeters… this year, theres already a live mini christmas tree on the credenza, and todaaaaaay i got a box of australian apricots that have been lavishly soaked in dark chocolate. yummmm. I checked out the website, went straight to the chocolates and candy section (shocker, I know.) its dangerous that I now know about these, these and oh yeah, these. jeeeeeez. hooray for fantastical holiday treats!
nom nom nom
thank you gammy 🙂
SPOILERS!! fair warning…
its sort of my dirty little secret that gossip girl is one of my favorite shows. ever. tuesday mornings are my favorite. fresh, hot beast in hand, comfy pants in effect and almost an hour of uninterrupted, quality time with gg. i really dont care what you think of me after being informed of this, unless, of course, you share my love for the show and wish to discuss. moving on.
last night was the last episode for the year, and as much as im relieved to finally understand what juliets problem is, i mostly feel let down. the whole lily confrontation was completely underdeveloped. i really hope that when my sisters birthdays episode airs this conflict is brought up again. obvi. on a side note, i always notice continuity glitches in movies and tv. the little tiny details that went unnoticed during final editing stick out like gleaming glittery unicorns to me. while the lily drama was going down, on the table behind chucks couch is a framed picture of the evil stepmother. its only bothersome because in it, lily is wearing the exact outfit, earrings, hair, everything, that shes currently wearing. are they digital frames? did the picture get taken early on in the evening and lily thought so highly of the portrait that she printed and framed it right then and there? idk. it bugs me though. deep breath.
when serena has everyone congregated in her bedroom, she tells juliet that shes, “free to go.” whaaaaa?? like, it just seemed to awkward to me! really, it made me feel embarrassed for serena for even saying that. whatever. the whole thing is just not as escandaloso as i hoped it would be. i thought maybe serena killed juliets baby or dog or something, or that serena burned down juliets house, walked away, brother got charged, and thats why juliet was so poor? yes, the whole thing is scandalous, but i wouldnt call it escandalo, which is what i expect from them! always! ugh.
the day of the return of the show after the new year is a) one day after bradford and i will have been together for one year and b) my sisters birthday (who wont be getting anything for her bday if she doesnt call me back) so im hoping that the significance of the day to me will be enough to influence the powers that be to provide a fantastically escandalo-filled episode of gossip girl. please!
thanks izzi for the scary beast!
just went over to the spectacular domain that is dlisted and this was the top post. the soundtrack is fantastically and magically orchestrated. lets just hope no kitties were harmed in the process.
im really not sure what happened with this guy, are they putting something in his water? has he been eating eggs from publix? i really dont know, but i am sure that idiocracy is turning into reality…
this guy is for real. his son was also running this year. i think im going to find a small island to purchase and habitate.
while im at it, lets turn this into a youtube post!
i really thought that people knew about donka doo balls, but when i surveyed my history class, only one other person knew the video. such a shame.
and now, for your shameful viewing pleasure, i present to you, donka doo balls!
more proof that electrolytes will be replacing hydrogen dioxide any day now.
i really miss tim and eric 😦
embed wont work, so youll have to follow the link, sorries…
for the final two… talking kitties!!!!!
i still cry from laughter when i watch long johnson
basil marceaux.com for president!
Posted in electrolyte reality, kitties!, youtube shenanigans
Tagged basil marceaux.com, brules rules, donka doo balls, dr steve brule, idiocracy, kitties, oh long johnson, talking cats, tim and eric
todays fresh beast! yummm
morning beast artwork courtesy of jason at 4th and 9th.
its really gross in st pete today. cloudy, rainy and yucky. its one of my favorite things in the world when its scary outside and i have nothing planned for the day. on days such as these, i thoroughly embrace my laziness and soak up some old movies. with that in mind, here are my top 10 suggestions for making the most of your rainy day!
10. anchorman. start the day off right by adding more ron burgundy to your life.
9. zombies! bradford and i have been working our way through an oldschool zombie movie marathon. we started with the o.g. night of the living dead and are almost through the romero remakes. highly captivating indeed.
8. get him to the greek. really, i pee myself whenever i watch this. i always find russell brand hilarious (did you see him on conan?) and this movie is no exception. stroke some furry walls and enjoy!
7. the harry potter series. my sister and i did this once a few years back. we stocked up on candy and melted into her couches and watched the whole series. two movies have been released since, so im not sure how it would go now, but i imagine it would be magical.
6. the bourne trilogy. always good. sidenote, i heard theres a 4th bourne movie in the works. awesome, right? no. boo. giant boo. matt damon isnt even going to be in it. really? im bringing juju fruit to the theater so i can throw them on the screen and watch them slowly slide down. that will surely be more entertaining than whatever crap theyre going to degrade the series with. booooo.
5. the dollhouse series. not a movie, i know, but its too good to leave off the list. bradford hates it, and ive found that most of the people who have the sads that its been cancelled are ubernerds like myself. come over to the darkside, youll enjoy it.
4. death becomes her. classic. i really miss 80s/mid90s goldie hawn. overboard, wildcats, housesitter (bill started snoring in the theater when becky and i agreed to go with him, good times). death becomes her is my favorite though.
3. serial mom. john waters classic with preslimdown ricki lake and a psycho kathleen turner. fantastic!
2. dont tell mom the babysitters dead. im right on top of that rose!
1. mean girls. ok, everybody gives me stank eye when i tell them that this is my favorite movie ever. tina fey is one of the funniest women in the business right now and 30rock is almost religion for me. mean girls will forever make me laugh. it does make me tear up to see lilo before she found her crazypants. its really worth the effort people.
so there you have it. i hope this list can bring some sunshine to your rainy day 🙂
Posted in movies
Tagged 30 rock, anchorman, bourne, conan, dollhouse, george romero, get him to the greek, goldie hawn, harry potter, john waters, lindsay lohan, mean girls, movies, rainy day, ricki lake, russell brand, serial mom, tina fey, zombies
good morning! i hope your thanksgiving was bountiful and you managed to spend some time with the people you love. bradford and i enjoyed a fantastically amazing feast prepared by a very lovely friend which we devoured with some really good people and i think the turkey knocked me out by 9? yummy amazing! i also got to enjoy ferran adria’s beer, which is absolutely scrumptious! wonderful! moving on…
ive never gone shopping on black friday. i try to avoid any unnecessary shopping during the holidays because, frankly, people are fucking crazy. i can not stand being bumped and pushed and shoved and ignored by employees who are too busy restocking everything to care, ugh! deep breath. so, i generally try to avoid it. well, last night, the same very lovely friend that cooked the very amazing feast told me about the massive b.f. sale at urban outfitters this morning, 50% of all sale items from 6-10. i really havent done any of my shopping yet, so i figured id brave the insanity and see what i could make happen.
properly armed with my morning beast, i got on 275 by 6:15. no traffic, cool. as i walk up to the hipster haven, i can read the apathetic, fml look all over the 16-year old greeter girl and know that im in for a battle. i try to ask the chick about the sale and she ends up being helpful in telling me where all the sale stuff is set up. i decide to start in the back and move my way forward. i found myself feeling like a salmon in a stream of obnoxious teenagers. it was quite frightening. i managed to make my way casually through the store in about 30 minutes, no reckless bumping but quite a few “excuse me”s which was refreshing. and then i got in line where i creeped forward for almost 45 minutes before it was my turn. the cashier apologized for the wait, which i appreciated, but felt was unnecessary because its obviously not her fault. whatever, cool. i ended up saving a few dollars, but not really that much. i did, however, find some really fun things that i was not willing to risk missing out on by waiting for the line to dwindle a bit.
all in all, im not really sure it was worth it. i know that some people have their entire day today mapped out and know exactly what sales theyre going to tear up, but i think ill keep to my normal b.f. tradition: comfy pants, leftover turkey sandwiches, and movies. ill be shopping online, tyvm.